“In order to find true connection, we can tell you one thing early on; you must first connect with the most perfect person of all—yourself!”
– from The Energy of Love by Leta Herman and Jaye McElroy
Hot lovers come in all sizes and shapes. Many times we hear people, maybe even you, say things like, “He is soooo my type” or “I just don’t think she’s the one.” This may have to do with the person’s looks or social status, but it’s more likely that you’re talking about something else entirely—you’re actually sensing the person’s energy.
Energy rules the planet, and the energy of sexual attraction is not an exception to that rule. Every person has a specific energy make-up or temperament that you may find very attractive or dislike. Wouldn’t it be nice to understand which energy you’re often attracted to and how you can find your perfect mate? Well, we are here to help you do just that!
The ancient Chinese philosophers understood the difference between different types of energies and believed that depending on your energy type, it’s not so much a person’s actual “looks” that you fall in love with … it’s how they move, talk, and even the way they look at you that matters, especially in the bedroom!
Who’s your dream lover? Which of these celebrities do you daydream over?
- Do you go for the strong, charismatic types like George Clooney or Brad Pitt? Are you ga-ga over Lady Gaga or see red when you see the singer P!nk?
- Or do you prefer the ever-smiling, upbeat Leonardo DiCaprio or soccer hunk David Beckham? Maybe you just can’t help smiling whenever you see Julia Roberts or Cate Blanchett on the big screen.
- Do you swoon for the sounds of U2’s front man Bono, who is more likely to take you out to dinner and really get to know you better by listening to your life story. Maybe the sweet girl-next-door Jennifer Anniston makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside?
- If it’s mysterious, cool, and quiet that you are looking for in a mate, then someone like Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie, or funny-woman Jane Lynch might do the trick.
- Maybe it’s the spontaneous, silly, and dreamy likes of young and hip Harry Styles or Justin Timberlake that makes your heart thump to a new kind of beat? Do the quirky and endearing Zooey Deschanel and Jennifer Lawrence float your boat?
So what is the answer? What is the magic spell that you need to cast for love? Well, it’s all about energy—yours and everyone around you!
How do you identify someone’s energy type? The ancient Chinese believed that everyone is born with a specific way of moving through life that they called the Five Elements: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water. Each person has all five types in them, in different orders. We call that your “stack up” of Elemental energies. Everyone’s stack up is different, for the most part, and the order of the Elements influences your every action, word, and emotion. Each Elemental Energy type has different qualities that can give you an inkling of how your lovers will act and how you’ll react (positively or negatively) to them.
To help you look at the Five Elements in a different way, we want to show you some examples of celebrities and how they stack up, Elementally speaking of course! Stay tuned for Part 2 of Prince (or Princess) Charming, or Eh, Not So Charming.
Read more from the authors:
Pre-Order The Energy of Love